I got into blogging during my time of being a beauty youtuber, i made my first couple of posts about a year ago (2011) and then i decided to just keep with my YouTube dream so i hadn't spent as much focus time with my blog. It got to the year 2012 and i was going through a lot with real life with having depression which made it become difficult to sit in front of my camcorder and do YouTube videos; so i then thought back on the blog i had created and a quick spark made me feel like going back to blogging and try and do it full time talking about the things that i adore, reviewing and telling people my own personal thoughts, taking creative photos and meeting a new circle of friends.. then uniquelovestyle took off and i couldn't be happier to be part of the blogging community!
2. What is the inspiration behind the name of your blog?
For a long time my passion has been all things vintage and shabby chic and i adore cute slogans and wall plaques with inspiring words; i saw one that was called livelaughlove and i used this by taking my own twist on it i love unique styles and wanted to show this with the way i blogged on more fun and unusual items, products and fashion and this is how UniqueLoveStyle became my chosen blog name!
3. What is your favourite aspect of blogging, that encourages you to keep your blog going?
I feel if you have a passion and a drive to do something then you should not give up; Blogging to me has been a way to escape and release my thoughts of lowness to talking about things i love and enjoy within the beauty and fashion world. I think its my readers and support more than anything that has kept me going, the comments and friendship i have gained is something i have cherished and makes me feel that i have finally achieved something :)
4. Where do you see your blog in a year’s time?
Hopefully still going strong! Hehe, I feel that my blog is something that i would hope to keeping growing and for many to enjoy and read. It has been something that has helped pick my spirits back up and i won't ever turn my back on blogging but to ensure it would be something that could help me with future career aspects.
5. How regularly do you post and how do you organise this? Do you have some kind of routine that you stick to in order to make blogging easier?
I cant say that i have a routine of blogging, i just blog whenever i'm inspired but i do ensure at least 3 per month now but i hope to do even more now that the views are growing!
6. If you could give three tips to aspiring beauty bloggers that are starting up their own blogs, what would they be?
- Just be yourself and blog about what you love! People can enjoy reading posts that have passion on the products which will also speak out to the reader so always focus on both sides :)
- Feel free to be creative with your photography! You dont have to be a advanced photographer to take clear and focused images but always practice shots before uploading! i usually take about 33+ shots and only use 4 out of them because of choosing which ones i like the most!
- I would also say to join in with the weekly bloggers chats that are held on twitter every wednesday and sunday at 8pm GMT; this is a wonderful way of networking, chatting to other bloggers and getting plenty of advice and tips on blogging techniques! Everyone started out new but just keep going and enjoy every moment!
7. Everyone has their own favourite beauty products that they cannot live without. Name your favourites in each of the following categories: lips, cheeks, face and eyes.
- Lips: Oh this is tough but i have to say mac lipsticks have been my ultimate favourite that i use every time i put on my make-up! my favourite at the moment is bombshell.
-Cheeks: I use the benefit's hervana with a swirl of pinks and highlights i always use this on the apples of my cheeks, because of being so pale this has always been my favourite to use!
- Face: I would always say my concealer that i featured on my porcelain doll post which was the soap and glory kick ass concealer in light!
- Eyes: I have always been told i have big eyes so with this i focus on them the most and use 17's peep show mascara as it lengthens and keeps the eyelashes separated and beautiful!
8. What is your best bargain buy to date?
I would have to say during my birthday time away i went into superdrug and purchased my first fashionista palette which you can customise and build up with a range of eyeshadows and blushers etc i chose the 6 slot palette and with this i chose the eyeshadows and blushers of my choice and got a free mascara with this for a wonderful total of £15! Its wonderful and ever so pigmented.
9. Do you have any tried-and-tested beauty tips that other readers might benefit from? What are your top three?
tip 1 - for that easier smooth eyeliner along the lash line, use a cotton bud tip to lift the skin preferably the point near the eye socket area so that the skin isn't shaky for when you apply to the lashline!
tip 2 - Watch youtube tutorials! I did this for some time and i then loved to practice my own twist on them if your a visual learner this can be so much helpful than just hearing how to do applications!
tip 3- ensure that the face is clear and clean with a good cleanser and a moisturiser applied to give you a nice base before you apply makeup especially for those who suffer with dry patches and those winter days!
10. Finally, name your favourite three fellow beauty bloggers of the moment:
Mine would have to be,
As Featured over on Lola and Behold's Lovely Blog!